Being a mum is a wonderful thing, however when going on a journey with your kids, preparing for such journey could be a little tedious for mums. The kids could give you a hard time. Or you will be worried that the kids will bother the other passengers. Here you will get 10 flight hacks for mums.
A family trip can be a dream or a nightmare. I bet that you prefer a dream one, right? A few tricks can help you and your family enjoy a nice flight and a dream holiday.
- Prepare for your travel ahead of time; pack all the necessary items you and your kids may need during the flight, this will help prevent last-minute rush.
- Remember to print your boarding pass ahead of your date; you can use the app on your phone to get this. This will help save you a lot of waiting time at the airport.
- Give your children some flu shots before travel: as airplanes can be a breeding ground for germs, you need to immunize yourself or your children to avoid catching any flu.
- Know what is allowed: know what the maximum weight requirement for your luggage and pack according to that.
- Always keep your water at hand: this help you avoid the trouble of looking for one in the airport.
- Bring some sweaters with you: this could serve as pillow during the flight
- Keep a little collection of toiletry: this will help you have it at hand when needed. If you have a little baby you may want to include keep a bag full of diapers, the formula milk, other food items, and consumables. Having a specific bag with just these items will makes custom checks very easy. The contents of this bag will have been consumed at the end of your trip
- Go for more seating space: when traveling with a child, a kid-friendly seat or a bulkhead seat could be a lifesaver. This will help your baby move about freely and more comfortable.
- Include some entertainment for your kids: you may need to preload your phone or tablet with your child’s favorite videos. A gadget full of rhymes will help keep your toddler engaged.
- Select your children food: no matter the airline you are flying with, always ensure you select a child’s meal, this will make them serve you child first before others.